Two Days Interactive Workshop
Join us for a two-day interactive workshop where our coaches (who have years of experience delivering Agile projects, and a few burnt fingers too) will guide your teams to implementing Agile management and engineering best practices. This is a multi-level course and works as a primer, baseline or a refresher tailored to your level Agile adoption.
Focus on interaction, team-based learning labs to illustrate concepts in practice, and one foot firmly in Tortillis Groups experience of delivering projects globally, keep our courses engaging, practical and enabling.
- Overview of the origins of Scrum, Extreme Programming (XP), and Lean software development and the driving philosophies behind them.
- Deep-dive into the anatomy of an Agile team, the roles and responsibilities and the life cycle in which it operates.
- Understand the core engineering practices that enable Agile software development.
- Guidelines to eﬀectively plan, track and communicate progress on Agile projects.
- Last, but not the least, how do you weave quality in your project while doing all this?
All roles on the team, specifically including Business Stakeholders, PMs, BAs, QAs, Devs, and UX designers.
Detailed Course Outline :
How do we deliver software while following these guidelines:
- • Introduction of trainers and participants
- • Process Doodle: setting a baseline and context
Origins of Agile
- • The Agile Manifesto
- • History of diﬀerent methods
- • Common philosophies
The Agile Core: Story-Based Development and Incremental Business Value
- • User Stories, Use Cases and Scenarios
- • Looking at the Big Picture – Is up front planning OK?
- • The Agile Project Lifecycle
- • Roles & Responsibilities on an Agile team
- • Test Driven Design/Development
- • Quality and Testing
- • Pair Programming and Development Smells
- • Refactoring
- • Continuous Integration
- • What is Quality?
- • Who Owns Quality?
- • Types of Testing – Traditional vs Agile Approaches
- • Collaboration
- • Acceptance Criteria
- • Automation
- • Metrics
- • Managing Defects and Changes
- • Roles
- • Personas
- • Scenarios
- • Prototyping
- • Storyboarding
- • Contextual Inquiry and Design
- • Planning Poker
- • Units of Estimation
- • Velocity
- • Prioritizing
- • Vertical Slicing
Managing the Work
- • The Life of a Story
- • Pigs and Chickens
- • Communication techniques
- • Flow
- • Reflection and Improvement
- • Planning Meetings
- • Large team Structure
- • Cross Team Communication
- • Information Radiators
- • The Card Wall
- • Daily Standup
- • Charts
- • Showcases
- • Managing Risks and Issues
The Agile Lego Game
- • Practical hands-on group activity.