Agile Product Owner
1 Day Interactive Workshop
Join us for a one day highly-interactive workshop that takes the skills of the Product Owners to a new level.Product Owners work in an environment where requirement are constantly changing, development is iterative and collaboration with business imperative. This workshop examines the techniques they are currently using for effectiveness, and introduces new approaches for constantly delivering value and quality in the solution under development.
This workshop is designed to provide the skills and techniques necessary to effectively represent the business imperatives that drive agile projects, focusing on the following topics:
- Value and the value delivery framework
- Discovery & Learning
Primarily people representing the business on an agile project (Product Owners, Product Managers), but also Project manages and Business Analysts who must work effectively with the business.
Detailed Course Outline :
- Introduction of trainers and participants
- Hopes and concerns exercise
- Learning Objectives
- Review of Agile best practices
Essential Agile Engineering Practices
- Test Driven Design/Development
- Functional/Integration testing – Tools and practices
- Continuous Interation
- Design pattern
- Build and release
- Overview of the Movie Rental Apllication
- Design Overview
- How to pair
- Pairing Infrastructure
- Keyboard and Mouse
- Rotation techniques
- Work on the story with a pair
Pairing Continuation and Refactoring
- Pairing Styles
- Driver & Navigator
- ball & board
- What is Refactoring
- Extract Method
- Split Loop
- Pair on a story, refactoring as needed
Test Driven Development/Design
- What is TDD?
- Why TDD?
- Three laws of TDD
- Pair on a story, written in a TDD Style.
- What are Design patterns
- Examples of Design Patterns
- Composite Pattern
- Strategy Pattern
- Pair on a story using a design pattern
Functional and Integration testing
- What is functional Testing?
- What is Integration Testing?
- Introduction to twist
- Demo on using a web Driver in twist
- Pair on a story with a functional test.
- What is CI?
- Introduction to GO
- Pair on a story, using CI ot verify everything builds correctly
- What is Deployment Pipeline?
- Using Go for Automated Deployments