Project Inception Workshop
3 Day Interactive Workshop
Join us for a three day highly-interactive workshop that allows us to teach you how to launch a project, using techniques in a framework we call “Project Inception”. These are the same techniques and approaches we use in our “Project Launch” service.
This workshop allows participants to:
Lead an Inception
Understand the value of Inceptions
Walk away with initial toolkit to use in your Inceptions – and understand why and when to use each
Understand red flags as well as risks of a rapid approach
This workshop is designed to provide the skills and techniques necessary to lead an effective Project Inception.
Typically, Project Inception activities last between 3 and 10 days, depending upon the complexity and size of the project, and the Inception itself requires a lot of energy. The topics covered in this workshop are as follows:
Establish Business Context – Kickoff
Understanding the Business Domain – create Business Capabilities
Determining features to meet business needs
Base Technical Assumptions
Assembling the Plan
Closing the Inception
Rolling look-ahead planning
Big room planning
Planning Inceptions (bringing it all together)
Anyone that will be part of an Inception
- Scrum Masters
- Product Managers
- Business Analysts
- Project Managers
- UX designers
But especially Scrum Masters, PM’s andBA’s who will facilitate a Project Inception.
Detailed Course Outline :
- Introduction of trainers and participants
- Hopes and concerns exercise
- Learning Objectives
- Review of Agile best practices
Essential Agile Engineering Practices
- Test Driven Design/Development
- Functional/Integration testing – Tools and practices
- Continuous Interation
- Design pattern
- Build and release
- Overview of the Movie Rental Apllication
- Design Overview
- How to pair
- Pairing Infrastructure
- Keyboard and Mouse
- Rotation techniques
- Work on the story with a pair
Pairing Continuation and Refactoring
- Pairing Styles
- Driver & Navigator
- ball & board
- What is Refactoring
- Extract Method
- Split Loop
- Pair on a story, refactoring as needed
Test Driven Development/Design
- What is TDD?
- Why TDD?
- Three laws of TDD
- Pair on a story, written in a TDD Style.
- What are Design patterns
- Examples of Design Patterns
- Composite Pattern
- Strategy Pattern
- Pair on a story using a design pattern
Functional and Integration testing
- What is functional Testing?
- What is Integration Testing?
- Introduction to twist
- Demo on using a web Driver in twist
- Pair on a story with a functional test.
- What is CI?
- Introduction to GO
- Pair on a story, using CI ot verify everything builds correctly
- What is Deployment Pipeline?
- Using Go for Automated Deployments